Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Non sequitur

This post is hopefully the beginning of a recurring series of the same name, I would like this to be my everyday observation. So if you see posts in the future of the same name don't think its a glitch, its just a new update. Thanks

Things I like in Hong Kong:

Chopsticks- they are great, using chopsticks is something that goes extremely underrated in the states. Chopsticks are convenient easy to clean and rather fun. That's all I really have to say concerning chopsticks at the moment.

In Hong Kong, which is one of the most crowded cities in the world, you often find that the side walks are packed. Crowded sidewalks are something that I can deal with, I have spent some time in NYC and am used to a crowd. What I am not used to is a sidewalk full of people who do not walk quickly. People in HK like to move slowly which is something that can get rather frustrating, I don't think it's that I walk abnormally fast, it's just that they meander along at a very slow pace.

Real estate here in Hong Kong is something that does not some cheap, for this reason you find that most apartment buildings do not waste any space and 95% of them spill out to hang over the sidewalk. Since the building hang over the sidewalk so do the air conditioners. With the air conditioners comes a drip that is known in HK as AC rain. As you walk down the streets you always have to keep an eye out for wet spots that indicate the rain. Walking down the street on a sunny day and getting hit with drips of water is something you get used to but never come to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what you're talking about. Chopsticks and rice does not equal convenient, and I'm strong with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the need for an AC Rain Hat - could be a money maker

    ReplyDelete