Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fin

Yes, it is true. I am done with classes for the semester. This past Thursday was my final day of classes until second semester resumes back at Nova in January. For ten weeks I had class here in Hong Kong and while class can be boring and strenuous at times it was one of the more fulfilling academic periods of my life. The end of the semester came upon me and all my classmates rather quickly and we all found ourselves scrambling to finish papers and presentations for finals week, we all eventually got them done. Myself, being the worst procrastinator not named Laura Collins (Laura on the slight chance you are reading this, you and I both know it's true, I do miss you and everyone else and will see you soon) got my work done with time to spare and can now breathe easy. For those of you wondering why I am not headed home if I done with class, I will now be beginning the third module of my semester here in China, the first two being the cultural seminar and classes being the other. For the third module I will be doing independent research, the topic of my paper will be microfinance as a tool for development in Indonesia, assuming Villanova approves. Hopefully I will get to do some field research in Indonesia and see how microfinance works first hand. Any questions or comments, feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment