Thursday, November 5, 2009

Yankes Win, heee Yankees Win

I'm writing this post as a very happy man, for unless you are dead to the world you will now have noticed that the Yankees have won their 27th World Series title. I woke up this morning as I have been doing for the whole series and headed to a bar in SoHo to watch the game. Myself being the only real Yankee fan on this trip, ie: I'm the only one who cared enough to watch the games, made the daily trip to The Globe (the bar)with a diehard Philadelphia fan in every sense of the term. While he might not share the same views on baseball, Marshall made a good companion for the games. We both cheered all out for respective teams, sometimes to the astonished look of other patrons, and would ridicule the international broadcasters who were the doing the game on ESPN. I must say, I really miss Joe Buck. I don't have much to say in this entry I just wanted to assure everyone that while I might not be in the country I still got to watch the series. 27 is a big number and I only expect it to get bigger. Only 4 months until spring training!

3 comments:

  1. Great Series. Glad you were able to catch the games. I was thinking of you as we watched the final innings play out.

    4 months to spring training we should plan a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed Joe Buck? The announcers you were listening to must have really been horrible!!!JD

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Only 4 months until spring training"

    I couldn't have said it better myself

    ReplyDelete